Monday, February 28, 2011

Working in Series



Lazy titles or great motivation? There’s a lot of artwork titled I, II, III from the 1960s. Working on “errors and fixing” has its merits, but if you find yourself always beating yourself up into a creative block, consider working in series. Going with the positives and the intriguing may motivate you more. It’s kind of the half full vs. half empty thing.

Loving what was happening in the movement and color in work from a trip out west, I started a series called “Western Movement.” Being aware of what I’d successfully done in the western work, I applied it to another geography and found new inspiration. Working in series can be a great motivator and causes focus in your work. I, II, III, give it a try! Let us know how you do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The examples and explanation are very encouraging and motivating. It is so easy sometimes to just put off diving in. I think I'll give a try!

 
Copyright 2009 The Creative Block. Powered by Blogger
Blogger Templates created by Deluxe Templates
Wordpress by Wpthemescreator